Losing a tooth does not have to be the end of your brilliant smile. It can be replaced with a durable and dependable dental implant from your Independence dentist. Dental implants are the closest thing to real teeth because they are rooted like real teeth. That means, unlike removable dentures, you can eat, sleep, and talk without it moving around uncomfortably in your mouth. If you are interested in learning about the benefits of dental implants speak with Dr. Richard Mark and Dr. Jeffrey Mark of Mark Family Dental in Independence, MO.
How Do Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are used to root a crown, or other tooth replacement, to the jaw bone. With a minor surgery your dentist will implant a metal rod, also called an "abutment," where your missing tooth is. This abutment will fuse with your jaw bone to create a strong foundation for the crown. It is because of this foundation that dental implants are the sturdiest tooth replacement option available today. After the procedure at your Independence cosmetic dentist, you will have a new tooth that looks and functions exactly like your natural teeth.
Top 5 Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants have a natural appearance. They are as strong as your real teeth because they are rooted like your real teeth.
- With dental implants you can eat, sleep, brush your teeth, and talk normally. You won't have to worry about them falling out and you won't have to remove them at night.
- You will boost your confidence by restoring your natural smile. No one will be able to tell your tooth is fake, and because it fits so well in your teeth, you might even forget, too.
- Dental implants are more comfortable than removable dentures or bridges because they do not require extra adhesive or other apparatus to stay on. They will last a long time with proper care.
- Dental implants are the most versatile tooth replacement option because they can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. They can be used to attach crowns, bridges, or full dentures.
If you are missing teeth consider getting dental implants with Mark Family Dental in Independence, MO. You can call us today to schedule an appointment at (816) 461-3660. Dental implants can benefit you tremendously, so call today!