Is your smile missing teeth? Dental implants are the gold standard for the replacement of missing teeth. Dental implants are titanium posts that are inserted into the jawbone. J. Dr. Richard Mark is one of the top dentists in Independence, MO. He offers state-of-the-art dental implants to his patients. Here are the top six reasons to consider dental implants.
1. Improve Your Smile- Dental implants will help you leave behind the discomfort or embarrassment of missing teeth. Dental implants can improve your smile, and improve your self-esteem. Dental implants look and feel like real teeth, and crowns can be made from all-ceramic materials.
2. Easier Eating- Our teeth help us cut, break down, and chew foods for proper digestion. The absence of one or more teeth can affect your ability to chew food. Implants will restore your ability to chew food. With dental implants, you will be able to eat all the healthy foods your love.
3. Stop Jawbone Loss- Jawbone loss is a common consequence of tooth loss. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that stops jawbone loss and stimulate bone growth. Dental implants can keep your jawbone healthy and strong. And because the jawbone supports the dental implants, no atrophy of the bone occurs.
4. Prevent Facial Collapse- Dental implants prevent facial collapse. Over time, denture wearers develop a sunken-in look as their jawbone deteriorates. Without tooth roots to stimulate the bone, the jawbone begins to shrink. This can make denture wearers take on an aged appearance.
5. Prevent Teeth Shifting- When a tooth is missing for a prolonged time, the neighboring teeth may shift and change the bite. If you replace your missing teeth with dental implants, the surrounding teeth won't shift into the open spaces left by your missing teeth.
6. Improved Speech- Our teeth play an important role in speech. The absence of one or multiple teeth can cause speech problems. Mumbled or slurred speech are big problems for people with missing teeth. Dental implants can improve your clarity of speech. With dental implants, you will feel confident when speaking with others. Consult with your dentist in Independence, MO, to find out if dental implants are right for you.
Have a gorgeous smile and enjoy good food again. Gain self-confidence and quality of life. Dental implants will do you and your smile a world of good. Call our dental office at 816-461-3660 today to schedule a dental implant consultation in Independence, MO. We want all our patients to have strong, healthy smiles that look great, too.